While travelling, I am mostly put up in hotels, which means breakfast becomes your main meal of the day, as it is probably the only time, you are spoilt for some choice…well in a day. Otherwise, you are usually left with few options to choose from…if you do not plan to eat meat
Cutting story short, sharing a simple coffee shop recipe of chocolate dipped churros.
1 cup All purpose flour
1/3 cup soft butter
1 tspn baking powder
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup of water
1 tspn vanilla essence
Oil to deep fry
for chocolate sauce
100 gms dark chocolate
1/2 cup whole fat milk cream
1 cup castor sugar
1) In a pan, add the water, butter and salt. Heat it until the butter is fully melted and water is almost boiling
2) In the mean time, mix the flour with the baking powder .
3) Add the flour mixture and vanilla essence to the hot water. Switch off the flame. Using a wooden spoon, quickly mix the flour to form a lump.
4) Cover and let it stand
5) When it slightly cools down, fill it up in a piping bag with star nozzle. I used the chakali maker with chakali mould.
6) Heat oil to medium hot, start dropping the strands of the churros using the piping bag, snip off after 3-4 inches of length is dropped.
8) Let it cook until golden brown in color
9) Drain it on a paper towel.
10) Quickly dust the churros with the castor sugar and shake off the excess.
11) Make the chocolate sauce, by heating the cream until it is just about to boil. Pour it over chopped chocolate Stir in after a min. Stir using a spatula.
12) Use the chocolate sauce as a side dish or dip the churros in it and let them stand.