Extremely easy yet classic recipe to be used as side dish or starters or as nibbles. You can munch on these warm or cold, it is a clear winner all through.
So before we move to the recipe, last year, I visited the North African chain in germany a couple of times and have been stuck on to their food ever since. I experimented recipes beyond the couscous and tagines.
So this particular recipe was something I tasted there and doing some research I found that it is not very traditional recipe…there are variations using different forms or carrots or carrots mixed with other vegetables which is available in popular moroccan joints.
250 gms of baby carrots/ you can also use chunks of juicy red carrots
1 tspn red paprika
1 tspn all spice powder (add more if you like, I did)
1 tspn black pepper crushed
1 tspn coriander powder
1/2 tspn cumin seeds powder
salt to taste
1) Bring a pot of water and add the carrots – you may peel the carrots before doing so – I always do
2) Let the carrots cook with lid on for 4-5 min.
3) Drain and set aside
4) In a pan heat some olive oil and add the coriander and cumin seeds powder, toss until the flavors are sharp
5) Add the carrots and toss them well, add the rest of the ingredients and coat the carrots well.
6) Leave this pan, if oven safe then directly into a preheated oven at 200c for 3-4 min or until there is a crispy crunch on the top. Alternatively set this in a baking sheet
7) Serve hot with a tomato salsa or dip of your choice.