I often slip in a couple of vegetables that can be camouflaged. Red pumpkin and bottle gourd are the options.
The 3rd in series of cooking snacks for kids with some veggies slipped in as part of the cooking carnival.
4-5 potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
1 cup bottle gourd peeled and chopped
1 cup green peas
2 tspn ginger paste
2 tomato pureed
1 tspn green chilli paste
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn dry mango powder/ amchur
1 tspn coriander cumin seeds powder
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) In a pan heat some oil. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle. Add some asafoetida.
2) Add ginger paste, tomato puree and let it cook.
3) Add all the dry powders and some water. Let it cook down, add some water.
4) After 5-7 min, add the peas and let it cook
5) Add the chopped bottle gourd, let it simmer for few minutes
6) Add the chopped potatoes and let it cook down
7) Garnish with fresh coriander leaves