I usually make it once in 3 weeks, which coincides with the time when my bottle of honey is reduced down to last 1/2 cup. I place an order for a new bottle and promptly wipe down the older one in my cake batter. It has become a ritual at my place to do this. While I make variations to the core recipe but the bare naked one is what I share with you today. You can add fruit juices, nuts and fresh fruits of your choice.
2 cups Self rising flour
1 cup demerera sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup almond meal
1 cup butter/ oil
1 tbsp fresh curd
1 tspn vanilla essence
1) Cream he oil, honey, curd and sugar until it is mixed well.
2) add the vanilla essence and stir again
3) Now add 2 tbsp of flour at a time and make a smooth batter
4) Pour this batter into a greased or lined 8 inch cake tin.
5) Bake this batter in a preheated oven at 180c for 35 min or until the cake comes out clean with pricked with a knife or tooth pick