Yogurt and berry combination works beautifully in any form. In finland, the breakfasts usually consists of berry relishes, jams, preserves served with sweet yogurt or porridge. This is the place Ofcourse, they do not eat blue berries, but the reason, I mentioned this here is due to the fact that I used to enjoy the various parfaits for morning breakfasts when I lived there for few days. Every day, there was a new combination. The canteen cook took fancy to the idea of cooking for visitors so much that she ensured that she did not repeat any of her dish more than once in 2 weeks.
The lingonberries, cloud berries, rasberries were all freshly picked daily from the canteen’s garden. The preserves were made fresh probably hours before we rose.
I am not sure whether I can recreate the magic but I mad an attempt the moment I laid hands on the berries. This is also a big hit with my little son who is now allowed to eat curd based foods (was allergic for some time).
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1 cup greek style yogurt/ hung curd
1 tbsp icing sugar/ powdered sugar (prefer icing as it helps hold shape)
1/2 cup berry preserve/ fresh berries
2 tbsp muesli/ corn flakes + nuts
1) Beat the yogurt and sugar together.
2) In a the serving glass or bowl, pour some yogurt.
3) Next pour the berry preserves or jam or fruits such that the layer is distinctly visible.
4) Repeat the yogurt and berry layers until you reach the top.
5) On the top, make a layer of muesli
6) Refrigerate for 10 min or so and serve